Mark Blagbrough, from Lifework Careers, provides impartial, high quality information, advice and guidance to young people in schools and colleges. Mark works as an independent careers consultant and is delivering this service to South Sefton 6th Form College this year. Mark works with all of the other support services in the college to provide a comprehensive network of support for all students. Mark will give independent, honest and impartial advice about your next steps.
In college Mark is able to help in the following ways:
- Provide advice on how to make the most of your education and help with any decisions you need to make about your career choice. This can include Higher Education; Apprenticeships; Employment; Other courses at local colleges.
- Offer support and advice if you are at risk of not completing your studies for any reason.
- Offer careers information advice and guidance if you are unsure about your choices or want to review your career goals.
- Advise you of suitable vacancies and apprenticeships.
- Ask your views about the service and whether they meet your needs.
- Listen to any problems you may have and broker with college, organisations and specialist agencies on your behalf support to help you overcome them.
Mark can also help with lots of other things such as:
- Housing and accommodation issues.
- Liaison and referral to useful organisations.
- Money and finance.
Mark works in college on Mondays between 8.30am and 4.30pm, and Thursdays between 8.30am and 12.30pm.
You can contact Mark by:
- Arranging an appointment through your form tutor or with Ian or Sally.
- Dropping into the Careers office in the LRC to arrange a meeting yourself.
- E mailing on - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phoning on 0151 288 6352
Alternatively, Mark can also be contacted using his work email – email@example.com